Last fall, Cabot School science teacher Michael Hendrix submitted a project proposal to DonorsChoose.org, allowing his AP Environmental Science to design lighting for the Cabot and Twinfield Schools' production of Lillian: A Folk Opera. Through DonorsChoose, the class secured lighting and materials to examine energy use, electricity, and efficiency. They then created light sculptures as part of the Lillian set, reducing the actual energy consumption of the show. Extending the project beyond the high school, middle school students Ben Carpenter, Mia Preston, Mason Ecklund-Gustavson, Billie O'Connor and Isabel Maine-Torres installed and operated the sculptures as the Lillian tech crew.
Last month, Michael received word that Donors Choose selected the project as one of three Teach for the Planet Innovation Challenge finalists, out of thousands of projects submitted. Of these three finalists, the winning project would receive $10,000 in science equipment funding from Donors Choose. The winner was selected by popular vote online.
Just last week, we found out WE WON! Cabot's project (and our community's support for it) edged out the other two challengers, both of which originated in densely populated urban areas. Cabot is scheduled to receive $10,000 in Donors Choose funding for science equipment.
Thank you to all who voted. What we lack in population density, we more than make up for in community!
High School Science Program Wins National Honor
- Lindsay Graff, Marine Biologist, to Lecture at Cabot
- Huskies in the semifinals @ the Aud!!!
- Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education Explores the Work of Cabot Students and Teachers
- “Our Time” to be Acknowledged at the Vermont State House
- Cabot Students Perform in Winooski Valley District Jazz Festival
- Cabot School Budget Revote info
- CABOT SCHOOL FY 2018 BUDGET HEARING
MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2017
CABOT SCHOOL LIBRARY, 6 pm
- CABOT SCHOOL FY 2018 BUDGET REVOTE
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5, 2017
WILLEY BUILDING, 7AM-7PM
- Negotiations Committee
- Universal Pre-School FAQ
- Cabot Budget FY 18
- January Act 46 Forum Results
- 2017 – 2018 School Choice Information
- School Merger Options & Overview
click here for more: School Merger Options & Overview